Skin Care Tips
Hundreds of best skin care tips for you brought to your from the best skin specialists, dermatologists and make-up artists.
Skin Care › Anti Aging Skin Care › Anti aging Exercises
These Anti Aging Exercises Can Make You Live Longer!
Anti aging exercises are being included as part of packages which are used for reversal of the effects of aging. Whether these anti aging exercises are really effective and whether these act directly or indirectly are really matters of intensive debate. But most of the fingers point towards the positive side and that is really good news for all the aging people to cherish about. It is the consistency more than the type of exercises that matters. Moreover exercise is part of a multifaceted program in the process of age reversal that includes hormone replacement and good nutrition
The Process of Aging
Aging is an inevitable process and everyone in this world, even animals has to go through it, which in the end results in death. There is no single proper definition for the process of aging. For an ordinary man aging includes the constellation of the following signs and symptoms.
All the points mentioned above are matters of concern. Scientific studies though actually not able to pinpoint the mechanisms involved in the process of aging, suggest the following could be part of the various reasons.
- Increase in the number of years since birth - the chronological aspect
- Wrinkles on the skin including face
- Susceptibility to illness like diabetes, hypertension etc
- Memory disturbances
- Loss of intellect
- Loss of power resulting in weakness of the body
- Decrease in the lean body or the muscle mass
- Increase in the body fat content
- Decrease in the immunity
- Diminution of vision
- Diminution of hearing
Everyone wants to remain young and look young. And for that to happen the above mentioned problems should be tackled. The options available are
- Decrease in the levels of Growth hormone, Sex hormones, Melatonin which are all essential for the normal functioning of the body
- Increase in the free radical levels due to poor elimination of them resulting from decreased amounts of their scavengers in the body (free radicals are ionic forms of oxygen which react intensively with the tissues causing damage)
- Inadequate DNA repair. The DNA of our body undergoes damages and mutations everyday and these are constantly repaired. But during old age this process is very defective.
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Anti aging exercises for women/men
- ife style changes including healthy nutrition
Exercises and Anti aging
Exercise is said to have a role to play in the process of age reversal. Medical researches show that persons who don't exercise
By doing exercises these individuals were able to decrease their weight, fat content and increase their aerobic capacity.
- Put on weight by more than 25%
- The fat content gets doubled
- The aerobic capacity decrease by 11%
Anti aging longevity exercises are categorized in to 3 groups.
Flexibility exercises are simple stretching exercises. Cardiovascular exercises are aerobic exercises like jogging, cycling etc. Maximum heart rate should be borne in mind. The exercises with the heart of 80% of the maximum are the optimal ones. Strengthening exercises are heavy impact exercises intended to tone up the muscles and burn the fat.
- Strengthening Exercises
- Flexibility Exercises
- Cardiovascular Exercises
In a study done on Harvard Alumni, it was found that moderate exercise increase the longevity. Moderate exercises in this context are those exercises in which at least 2000 calories are burnt like playing tennis and jogging.
There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to the duration and types of exercises to be performed. It is only the consistency that matters. Only a few basic principles need to followed. For the reversal of aging symptoms, flexibility and cardiovascular exercises are the optimum ones. They can be done for any duration per day and any number of days per week. But always start with a warm up exercise to gradually involve the body and prevent fatigue. And always end with similar milder exercises to allow the body to recover and relax.
Exercises for the joints and muscles
Aerobic exercises done moderately can benefit the muscles and joints. Moderate in this context means restricting the maximum heart rate to 80% of the normal value. The normal value can be calculated by subtracting the age from 220.
Regarding the exercises for muscles, exercises involving the 12 major groups are sufficient.
- Simply flex and extend all the joints. This can be done both with weights and without weights.
- Gently bounce on a rebounder. This helps when there is joint pain.
- Swim regularly. Aquatic exercises are considered the best when it comes to exercises for the joints.
- Abdominal Muscles
- Upper Back
- Lower back
Whole body Exercises
These are something similar to the above said exercises and are done by involving all the major muscles and joints in a sequential manner. These include
- Leg Abduction
- Hamstring curl
- Leg adduction
- Lateral raise
- Chest press
- Upper back exercise
- Lateral pull down
- Triceps extension
- Biceps curl
- Back Extension
- Reverse crunch
Home || Contact Us ||
(c)Copyright Skincarecity.com. All rights reserved.