Not all stress is bad. In fact, we probably need some stress in our lives to keep us on our toes. Many activities are worth doing even if they are stressful, such as paying bills or talking out an upsetting problem. It is often not the stressors themselves that are the problem but how you cope with them.
Skin Care › Managing Stress › Reflexology
- Reflexology can be used regularly for stress reduction or to provide some relief whenever you are feeling tense.
Reflexology on the Hands
- Massage the base of the midde and ring fingers on the palm.This prompts the lungs to increse the blood`s oxygen level,which will refresh and nurture the body. It hepls to establish a regular, more relaxed breathing pattern.
- Massaging the length of the front of the thumbs (the side where the nail is) encouraging the spinal cod to soothe nerve responses.
- Massaging the ball of the thumb stimulates the pituitary gland to cause a calming sensation.
- Massaging the base of the thumb on the palm side encourages the thyroid and parathyroid glands to baance muscle tension, causing the body to relax.
- Massaging the webbing between the thumb and forefinger helps to stimulate the kidneys, balancing fluid levels that affect blood pressure.
Reflexology on the Feet
- Massaging the base of the four smaller toes on the top of the foot as well as in the sole of the foot prompts the lungs to increase the blood`s oxygen level, which will refresh and nurture the body. It helps to establish a regular, more relaxed breathing pattern.
- Massaging the outer edge of the foot along the big toe to the heel encourages the spinal cord to soothe nerve responses.
- Massaging the arch of the foot (toward the side of the big toe) encourages the kidneys to balance fluid levels that affect blood pressure.
- Massaging the ball of the big toe stimulates the pituitary gland to create a calming sensation.
Home || Contact Us || Skin Disorders
(c)Copyright Skincarecity.com. All rights reserved.