Men's Skin Care
Skin care city provides extensive information on men's skin care also, because men's skin should also look good and health.
Skin Care › Mens Skin Care › Skin Care Tips for Black Men
Skin Care Tips for Black Men
The common problems that black men face is that of ingrown hair, resulting in curly hair growth into the skin. This may lead to skin infection from bacteria and, consequently, form bumps over the hair. Subsequently the skin irritation causes the skin to darken. Further more it may also lead to permanent scarring.
Following are the tips to help black men cop up with these skin problems.
- Soften the skin and hair with soap and water or shaving cream before shaving. Avoid using a dry soap.
- Don't rush while shaving. Take your time.
- Avoid shaving too closely. This lessens the probability of hair growth back into the skin.
- Do not shave in both directions. Allow yourself to shave in a single direction.
- Change razor blades often and use a sharp blade.
- Do not use tweezers to pull out hairs. This avoids bumps resulting due to pulling out of hair.
- A depilatory treatment may help you to take off hair cleanly. It has the effect of straightening the hair and also helps cure the problem of ingrown hair. But before experimenting consult a specialist.
Other Skin-Care Tips for Black Men:
- Men should take care to thoroughly wash their faces at least twice daily to remove dirt and grime.
- Pre-shave products are known to dry the skin often. Use after-shave conditioning moisturizers immediately.
- If you have dry skin, use a moisturizer. Choose facial products that are best for you.
- Use moisture lotions on the body, especially on hands, feet, knees, elbows and ankles.
- Keep your mustache and beard neatly trimmed and groomed.
Home || Contact Us || Skin Disorders
(c)Copyright Skincarecity.com. All rights reserved.