Men's Skin Care
Skin care city provides extensive information on men's skin care also, because men's skin should also look good and health.
Skin Care › Mens Skin Care › Shaving Tips For Men
Shaving Tips For Men
Men may face reactions in the skin ranging from razor rashes and burns to dry or flaky skin.
For any of these skin conditions, have a look at the following shaving tips :
- Don't rush while shaving. Take your time.
- Don't shave as son as you get up in the morning. This allows the puffiness caused by fluids collecting in your skin during the night to recede, thus allowing you to get a closer shave.
- Use a facial cleanser or scrub to remove dead skin cells.
- Don't use a lot of soap or lather. Even some shave creams contain skin irritants such as Sodium Laurel Sulfate.
- Change razor blades often and use a sharp blade. Rinse the blade often in hot water when shaving and use slow short strikes.
- Do not shave in both directions. Allow yourself to shave in a single direction.
- After shaving, apply an oil-free moisturizer to soothe and protect the face. But be careful about alcohol mixed moisturizer, as it can be irritating to the skin.
AFTER SHAVING TIPS
- Finish by rinsing off with cool water. It will close the skin pores.
- For cuts, use a moistened alum block to stop the bleeding.
- Apply a moisturizing aftershave lotion on the shaved areas. Avoid alcohol-based aftershaves lotions as they tend to dry the skin.
- In the last, use a moisturizer over the face and neck to keep the skin firm and supple. Or apply an after shave cream such as this one REJUVENATE. Anti aging face cream to keep your skin moist and fresh with UV protection.
You can get yourself a Zirh Shave Kit for $49. Zirh really delivers high quality grooming products for men. That is why its been used by celebrities like Tom Cruise, Justin Timber lake and many more...
The above shaving tips will give you a perfect shave. Look your best, all the time.
A few warnings:
- People with sensitive skin may wish to avoid shaving for the same reasons. Again, if you chose to shave, consider shaving cream made for sensitive skin and use a hypoallergenic moisturizer afterwards.
- Consider closely trimming your hair instead. It provides many of the benefits of shaving without all the risks!
- Shave after your shower. Your face is easier to shave when your stubble is softened by soap, hot water and residual shampoo and conditioner.
- Don't use hot water to rinse off your blades when you are shaving. Heat makes metal expand and warp. Use Cold water and your blades will contract a bit making the blade tighter and sharper.
Home || Contact Us || Skin Disorders
(c)Copyright Skincarecity.com. All rights reserved.